Dr. Shawn McMoran, a native of central Arkansas, graduated from Louisiana State University School of Dentistry in 1997. Upon graduation, he completed an Advanced Education in General Dentistry residency program, also at LSU School of Dentistry. After practicing several years in private practice as a general dentist, he also practiced at Arkansas Children’s Hospital in his hometown of Little Rock, Arkansas. While working with children in a hospital environment, Dr. Shawn decided to pursue the specialty of pediatric dentistry. He completed his 2 year specialty training in pediatric dentistry at the University of Louisville School of Dentistry/Kosair Children’s Hospital in Louisville, Kentucky. Dr. Shawn achieved board certification with the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry in 2011 and is a member of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, the Southeastern Society of Pediatric Dentistry, the American Dental Association and The Georgia Dental Association.
He enjoys traveling, reading, cycling and just about all sports. He resides in the Atlanta area.
Village Pediatric Dentistry is located in the heart of Vickery Village. Our goal is to deliver the best possible dental care for infants, children, teens and kids with special healthcare needs. Our team will strive to make sure that your child has a positive experience while maintaining the highest standard of safety. There are some guidelines that help us keep the environment safe for us all.
- We ask that only one adult accompany a child for treatment.
- During appointments we ask that other siblings remain in the waiting area under adult supervision.
- Cell phones can be a tremendous distraction so we politely ask that you keep your cell phones off or in airplane mode. If you must take a call, we ask that you answer the phone outside the treatment and exam areas.
- Pictures and camera phones are a great way to document your child’s first dental experience. However, there are times when this activity may not be appropriate. Please be courteous to other patients, parents and team members, and ask before taking pictures or filming in our office.
- To help keep our office neat and clean for us all, no food or drinks are allowed.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation !!
Our office attempts to schedule appointments at your convenience and when time is available. Preschool children should be seen in the morning because they are fresher and we can work more slowly with the child for their comfort. School aged children for routine visits can be scheduled throughout the day. Most treatment appointments will be scheduled in the morning. Our afternoon appointments are for routine visits and older children requiring minor dental treatment.
Payment for professional services is due at the time dental treatment is provided. Every effort will be made to provide a treatment plan which fits your timetable and budget, and gives your child the best possible care. We accept cash, personal checks, and most major credit cards.
Before the first visit: Please discuss the positive aspects of dentistry with your child. Convey good feelings to your child about dental visits being a part of growing up. Explain that the dentist will look at and count all of his or her teeth. Please do not tell your child that the dentist will not hurt, as this may have never entered his or her mind. Rather, emphasize that the dentist will be gentle and friendly. Avoid using words like needle, drill, shot, pull or any other word suggesting unpleasantness. Expect your child to do well and enjoy their visit and chances are, they will.
Please print and fill out our new patient forms. Bring them with you at first appointment, Thank You.
A Pediatric Dentist is a specialist dedicated to the oral health of children and the monitoring of their facial growth and development. Our office is designed for treating children from infancy through adolescence, as well as the medically and the physically compromised.
When a Pediatric Dentist is Board Certified it means that the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry or ABPD certifies that the dental care being provided is based on standards of excellence that lead to high quality oral health care for infants, children, adolescents and patients with special health care needs. Certification by the ABPD provides assurance to the public that a Pediatric Dentist has successfully completed accredited training and a voluntary examination process designed to continually validate the knowledge, skills and experience necessary to the delivery of quality patient care.
- Comprehensive oral health care including acute care and preventive services.
- Individualized preventive dental health program based upon a caries-risk assessment.
- Anticipatory guidance regarding growth and development.
- Plan for acute dental trauma (emergencies).
- Dietary counseling.
- Referrals to dental specialists when care cannot directly be provided within the dental home.
- Referral at an age determined by patient, parent, and pediatric dentist.
Everyone wants a great smile, and Dr. Susan Podray is a specialist in making your smile the best it can be. She and her team are incredibly dedicated to their patient family, and offer top notch personalized care. Dr. Podray strives during each visit to achieve results quickly and gently, help you feel informed and empowered, and does her best to ensure you are happy and comfortable. She offers multiple types of orthodontic treatment including: Invisalign, Invisalign Teen, Incognito, Damon, Wild Smiles, and other options.
A great smile helps you feel better and more confident. To learn more about the orthodontic services we provide, please call or visit SerenityOrtho.com to schedule your consultation today.