Social media, peer pressure, and the physical changes that take place during the teenage years can make many young ones feel self-conscious about their appearance. You want to do everything possible to help your teen feel comfortable in their skin. One way in which you may be able to do that is by bringing them to our practice to find out whether Invisalign is right for them. This discreet orthodontic treatment is often the ideal way for teens to achieve a straighter, healthier, and more confident smile.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign uses a series of custom clear plastic aligners to apply gentle pressure to the teeth. Your teen will wear each aligner for 20 – 22 hours each day for approximately two weeks. As they graduate from one aligner to the next, their teeth will move little by little into their proper positions. The average treatment time with Invisalign is 12 months. However, it can be longer or shorter depending on a patient’s unique needs and how well they comply with the treatment.
Benefits of Invisalign
Invisalign for teens offers numerous benefits:
- Onlookers are unlikely to notice your teen’s orthodontic treatment.
- Easy oral hygiene. Because the aligners are removable, your teen will be able to brush and floss their teeth without using any special tools or techniques.
- No dietary restrictions. Since your teen will remove their aligners during meals, they won’t have to worry about complying with any dietary restrictions.
- Easily monitor your teen’s compliance. A little blue dot on your teen’s aligners will help you keep tabs on whether they are sticking to the treatment like they should.
- Support when you need it. If your teen accidentally damages or loses an aligner, our team is ready help you deal with the problem in a way that will get their treatment back on track ASAP.
Is Invisalign Right for Your Teen?
Invisalign clear braces may be perfect for your teen if:
- Their dental misalignment is mild to moderate. Podray-Donovan will assess your teen’s teeth and determine whether Invisalign would provide adequate treatment.
- They are image-conscious. Some teens do not mind the brackets and wires of regular braces, but others may dread the idea of traditional orthodontic treatment.
- They are responsible. Your teen will have to take good care of their aligners and wear them all day, every day. They should have the self-discipline required to stick to their treatment plan.
Would you like to learn more about Invisalign and how it may benefit your child? Contact Village Pediatric Dentistry today.